[sudo-discuss] Points of Distribution (harm reduction) poetry fundraiser @RPS Collective!

Vicky Knox vknoxsironi at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 17:22:13 PST 2014

YO! This awesome local harm reduction group is in need of extra funds! Come
join me Friday--let's show our support for the important work they do!

~~~~~
Friday Feb 28 | 7-9PM | Rock Paper Scissors Collective

bring your raucous ramblings, stream of consciousness, sleep conscious
musings for a night of open floor, radical
rambling poetry.

fundraiser for POD (points of distribution) syringe exchange harm reduction
group:

Points of Distribution is an organization that provides HIV prevention and
other services to hard-to-reach drug users and their friends and family in
Oakland and San Francisco. The organization is a volunteer-run coop based
the principles of workplace democracy and harm reduction. POD currently
provides street-outreach based syringe provision primarily to homeless
folks in both San Francisco and Oakland. In the last year we provided about
a quarter of a million syringes and ancillary services through about 3800
unique client contacts. Funding was recently cut and they desperately need
fundraising to stay running.