[sudo-discuss] Fwd: STATE FARM: GENERAL LIABILITY QUOTE AND RENTERS INSURANCE BROCHURE

Matthew Senate mattsenate at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 17:44:29 PST 2014

Hey all,

I got a quote from State Farm for insurance that should meet the
requirements from the landlords. I wanted to pass it along and show it to
folks. If we buy this, we can change the lease to be held by Sudo Room as
an entity rather than myself and Eddan.

I plan to pay for this tomorrow, unless we have a clear alternative or any
really strong reason not to. Cost is $73.67 / month right now.

Additionally and however, State Farm needs us to give at least some
coverage for Personal Property along with the General Liability insurance
we need. You'll see the quote lists $5,000 right now. We toggled the
variables to cover $10,000 for personal property plus $5,000 in computer
property, which raised the quote to $87.92 / mo, which isn't that much of a
difference given tripling the coverage ($14.75). Hence it seems the bulk of
this quote is the General Liability costs.

Given the $1,000 deductible, it's unclear to me the best way to assess and
then state an insured value for stuff at sudo room. I'd like to see this
play out in a parallel thread. What do you think?

For the time being, I think we can stick with the $5,000 and change it
later when we have more data / insight.

// Matt