[sudo-discuss] Moving logistics

Steve Wilt nsw at sonic.net
Thu Jun 12 09:34:30 PDT 2014

Hi, Matt!

I propose the following conceptual sketch of the moving process.

First, I strongly suggest getting a 24' Budget truck for the cost to
benefit ratio.

Cost:

Total truck cost (rental, tax, insurance, gas) can be as little as under
$60, if moving day is no later than Tuesday 6/24 or Wednesday 6/25. See
attached spreadsheet for details.

Benefit:

Organization - Everything leaves together, moves together, arrives
together, and, most importantly, lands together, not piecemeal.

Ease and speed - Everything (besides fragiles) moves on wheels -no
fitting or lifting into trunks or pickups.

Use of labor - Time shuttling can be better spent packing, and anyone
can pack. Plus, this way is better for esprit de corps.

Secondly, I'll be glad to expedite a smooth load and unload. Also, I can
pick up and return the truck, if y'all would like.

Third, I can provide equipment - pads, dollies, straps, etc.

Consumables, of course, are needed for packing _pronto_, IMHO -boxes,
markers, tape. Is anti-static material needed/ thought worthwhile? ( I
haven't priced it.)

That's the sketch, to be filled in with appropriate details. I'd like
your/anyone's thoughts.

~Steve