[sudo-discuss] New West Oakland Youth Center needs computers for their new computer lab....

Hol Gaskill hol at gaskill.com
Fri Jun 20 10:30:59 PDT 2014

Hi Neon Leon,

We have a stack of computers at the space that we'd love to put in the hands of Oakland kids - I am not sure what state they are in, but they are there and no one has stated any interest in setting them up at the space.  We also have lots of peripherals that could be of use in a computer lab.  Is there someone with the school who can come and help sort through them and find/put together working ones this weekend?  We will be moving soon so getting those computers over to the youth center in the next week would be great.

Cheers,
Hol

on Jun 20, 2014, Steve Berl <steveberl at gmail.com> wrote:
>Also check with ACCRC http://www.ewastecollective.org/wordpress/?page_id=302>
-steve

>>On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 11:48 PM, DjNeon Leon <nlrock21167 at gmail.com> wrote:>>it's neon leon
hey just to give you heads up,
and a question i have for you
have you heard about the brand new west oakland youth center that just opened on on>the mcclymonds high school campus?
well catch this
they have a brand new computer lab but NO COMPUTERS yet because of funding
i just saw it on the news not but fifteen minutes ago where they said they didnt have>any money to buy computers
and the funding wouldnt allow them to buy any
so i was talking to max and he told me sudoroom has a pile of desktops sitting next>to the door
 Sent at 11:37 PM on Thursday

 me:  do you think that sudoroom could donate those computers to the youth center computer>lab and who would i talk to about getting them there.  we could get them ready and>get them online maybe
it would be a really good thing for sudo and a fantastic thing for the kids in the>community if this could happen...
hit me back and let me know--much love,   DjNeonLeon

 Marina:  hey leon! probably best would be to email the listserv (sudo-discuss at lists.sudoroom.org) and/or to drop by the meeting next wed.
i gotta go to bed now, but that's what i would recommend

 Sent at 11:41 PM on Thursday

 me:  ok... I will do this for real thank you boo boo . i will see you bat the meeting next>wed.. oxoxoxoxox .. nlrock ..

 Marina:  night

 me:  night ..

 Sent at 11:43 PM on Thursday