[sudo-discuss] What's happening to the internet when we move?

Charley Sheets rcsheets at acm.org
Tue Jun 24 00:42:49 PDT 2014

On Tue, 24 Jun 2014 00:28:55 -0700
Maximilian Klein <isalix at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Are we going to use their modem or do we have (or want to get) our
> > own?
> >
> We have one from the old space.

For some reason it didn't occur to me that we could keep using the same
modem. Does Sudo Room own the modem or do we have to give it back to
the ISP when we leave?

> Maybe you have a backup?

I don't have any extra modems, but I could chip in toward the cost of
one if we decide it's a worthwhile purchase.

> > I suppose since the plan is to switch to their fiber service once
> > it's rolled out, maybe we should just use their CPE for now.
> >
> Actually, I mispoke. They are going to start offering vectored DSL
> near us soon, not fibre. Vectored DSL offers 100down/10up. Which is
> not South Korea good, but there you go.

Still pretty good speeds. Does it work with the same CPE as the current
DSL service?
--
Charley