[sudo-discuss] shotspotter will be discontinued

Jake jake at spaz.org
Fri Mar 14 17:33:44 PDT 2014

I'm glad somebody knows about this!  however i would suggest that it's not
quite as simple to decide "when the big impulse of sound starts" without
waiting for it to end and then choosing a peak event.

the best i know how to do is a peak detector where you wait for the slope
of the amplitude to head downward after a threshold is achieved, but i
think we can do better, and i think we would need to if we were going to
achieve good results.  and the more versatile the analysis is better, to
reduce false alarms (!) and increase detection of events at lower
amplitudes.