[sudo-discuss] Banning Xavier

Patrik D'haeseleer patrikd at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 13:21:32 PDT 2014

Also just a language issue: it may be useful *not* to call it "suspension".

Remember that bit I quoted from the CA code for nonprofits earlier? The
part that starts with "No member may be expelled or suspended, and no
membership or membership rights may be terminated or suspended, except
according to procedures satisfying the requirements of this section."?

The CA code is talking specifically about suspending people as official
voting members in the organization. Here's we're just talking about
blocking access to the space for someone who may or may not be a paying
member.

Very different situation, but it may be useful to avoid any overlap in
language we're using for these situations. "Temporary ban" sounds fine to
me.

Patrik