[sudo-discuss] [Omni] Feedback on Bylaws for the Omni Oakland Collective

Jenny Ryan tunabananas at gmail.com
Fri May 16 17:32:45 PDT 2014

Hi all!

The Omni Oakland Collective is the non-profit organization serving as an
umbrella for the current 'collective of collectives' seeking to move
together into 4799 Shattuck. We are currently in the process of
applying for 501c3 status.

"OMNI Oakland Collective is comprised of several Bay Area collectives.
Its express purpose is to build consensus among member collectives
with minimal possible bureaucracy for the administration of a common
space and sharing of resources for the use and stewardship of the
greater community.

The point of the OMNI Oakland Collective is NOT to function as any
sort of governing body for the groups involved in any general sense.
There are no senators. Its only and sole point is to administer the
space, pay bills, make group decisions about the shared space, resolve
any conflicts between the groups in the space, interface with the
state, banks, authorities, etc. Logistics and bureaucracy: That's it."

See the current draft of the bylaws here:
http://wiki.omni-oakland.org/w/Bylaws

Feedback is requested over the next month to incorporate them into the
new version of the bylaws. You can post feedback or questions to this
thread, make a diff on the wiki, or add to the Riseup pad:
http://pad.riseup.net/p/omnibylaws

Cheers,
Jenny
http://jennyryan.net
http://sudomesh.org
http://thevirtualcampfire.org
http://technomadic.tumblr.com

- -Laurie Anderson

"Storytelling reveals meaning without committing the error of defining
it."
 -Hannah Arendt

- -Stéphane Mallarmé