[sudo-discuss] hard reboot

Marc Juul juul at labitat.dk
Wed May 21 05:18:58 PDT 2014

The power to all of sudo room was turned off and on again at the circuit
breaker tonight between 4 and 5 am.

This was done by am obviously drunk Timon. I don't know why he was flicking
switches in the circuit breaker box. He apologized and claimed to not know
that any of the circuit breakers were related to sudo room.

I told him that he'd just caused all of our infrastructure to hard reset.
He became agitated and started complaining that I was staying on the topic
after he had already explained himself. I then asked him to leave the
common space. He refused, became very agitated, claimed a legal right to be
in the common space and among other things requested that I leave his
vicinity. I felt threatened by his behavior.

Most of the sudo room infrastructure seemed to recover gracefully from the
hard reboot. The internet connection did not come back up automatically,
but after a couple of reboots of the DSL modem the connection was back.

--
marc/juul