[sudo-discuss] Fwd: [spaghettinight] Shared Space for Artists, Crafters & Eco-Hackers @ PLACE in Oakland

Marina Kukso marina.kukso at gmail.com
Thu May 22 16:34:28 PDT 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jonathan Youtt <jyoutt at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, May 22, 2014 at 4:15 PM
Subject: [spaghettinight] Shared Space for Artists, Crafters & Eco-Hackers
@ PLACE in Oakland

Shared Space for Artists,

Crafters & eco-Hackers

$100-$300/month depending on use and space requirements

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ats/4478625101.html

http://aplaceforsustainableliving.org/get-involved/makers-place/

PLACE for Sustainable Living

1121 64th St, Oakland, CA 94608 at Marshall St. (near Alcatraz & San Pablo
Ave Email: sharedspaceatplace at gmail.com

Maker’s PLACE: We’re looking for more makers and shakers who wish to create
in our artist coworking environment. Are you a sewer, painter, jeweler, or
other type of crafter or artist with eco consciousness in your approach,
materials, and methods? PLACE has a new maker’s space with communal
creation stations as well as some private tables for folks who wish to
store more stuff and leave out their work. The room has some shared tools,
supplies and an industrial sewing machine.

FAB LAB: Another space onsite known as the Fab Lab, which is dedicated to
folks working in the realm of environmentally friendly sustainable design
and appropriate technology. From bike builder to rocket stove makers,
gasifier to methane digester, the Fab Lab is an incubator for new ideas in
a solutionary future. The space is better suited for metal and wood
working, soldering, custom bike frame & trailer fabrication. We have shared
equipment including a welder, chop saw, band saw, drill press and several
hand tools. We are looking for others to bring their own equipment to share
with other makers, so we can create a more robust and versatile working
environment.

Daytime use 10am to 6pm is consistently available. Most evenings til 10pm
is also available, although there are occasional activities in the
adjoining Art Barn that may require quiet due to the nature of the event
(film screenings, classes, discussions, meetings). Some storage space may
be available for an additional monthly fee.

ALSO, COMING SOON:

Open Hearth: A shared space for food artisans, fermenters, herbalists & the
like.

If this is something you’ll want to know about when it goes live, please
contact us so we can gather interest for this space as well.

PLACE (People Linking Art, Community, & Ecology)

We are a public-serving, experiential learning center that showcases and
fosters sustainable living practices, urban homesteading, community
resiliency & preparedness, social justice and artistic expression.
www.aplaceforsustainableliving.org. The non-profit DIY bike repair shop,
Spokeland is also based at PLACE.

The Neighborhood
We are located on 64th Street and Marshall, half a block from San Pablo Ave
and a block south of Alcatraz Ave. We are a 20 min walk from Ashby BART and
equidistant from Ashby and Powell exits off the I-80. We are a block away
from the Actual Cafe, Victory Burger, A Verb for Keeping Warm(yarn, fabric,
and fiber shop) and James and the Giant Cupcake. The Donut Farm, Tribu,
Ruby’s and Farley’s are the other cafes within walking distance as is Urban
Ore salvage yard, Ashby Lumber, Ashby Plumbing, MacBeath Hardwoods,
Discount Fabrics, and Berkeley Bowl WEST.

have questions
To subscribe new people, have them send an email to
spaghettinight-join at tentacle.net
This list is dolphin safe