[sudo-discuss] Problems with Johannes

Matthew Senate mattsenate at gmail.com
Tue May 27 18:32:22 PDT 2014

Hey Marc,

Sorry to hear about that, and thanks for posting this.

I have been thinking about this type of behavior and entitlement a lot
lately (especially in the case of residents in the building).

Perhaps we should discuss at the meeting tomorrow that we require all
tenants of 2141 Broadway to ask permission for use of the common space
adjacent to sudo room and BAPS.

As the landlords have clarified many times, the other tenants have no right
to access our common space under the terms of their respective leases.
Their use of the space, over many months at this point, presents a unique
and problematic circumstance beyond general "prospective members" using the
sudo room and common spaces.

I'd consider phrasing like this (not final, just an idea):

'''
No other tenant of the building that holds sudo room's current space at
22nd and Broadway is allowed access to the sudo room and common space
adjacent to sudo room and the bay area public school, unless permission is
granted by consensus at two consecutive sudo room meetings, and listed
below:

* Customers and staff of Hair Candy
* William
* Sally
* Phil
* Robert (upstairs)
* Staff of the Sound Room (including Robert [downstairs])
* New tenants as of June 2014, until they are given a first notice to
request access by any sudo room member. Failure to request access within
one week of this notice revokes the tenant's permission to access and
requires access to be requested at any future sudo room meeting if desired.
'''

// Matt