[sudo-discuss] wheelchair lift on craigslist $250

Jake jake at spaz.org
Wed Sep 3 11:58:45 PDT 2014

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/for/4648013065.html

yes it's for a van.  but if the dimensions are acceptible then it's a
solution.

i talked with a lift shop today and I was told that getting a lift
certified by the state is a nighmare lasting months and costing millions
of dollars, involving load-testing and battery backup etc.

the "cheap" way of installing a "residential" lift like the ones mentioned
before would "only" cost about $2500

if we get the one I linked above, we power it with batteries anyway (it's
made for a van) and that way, in a power failure it will still work.
That's one of the requirements we need to have anyway.

So I vote we go that direction.  Of course there is the accessibility
professional we contacted before, and we can ask them about this plan, but
assuming the hardware meets our needs for dimensions and load-bearing I
think it's a good solution.  I am willing to help with the adaptation and
wiring, etc.

-jake