[sudo-discuss] Proposal for temporary tenant in one basement office

yar yardenack at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 18:06:05 PDT 2014

On Sun, Sep 21, 2014 at 5:07 PM, Patrik D'haeseleer <patrikd at gmail.com> wrote:
> $400/mo plus free labor for a 3 month commitment seems more than fair.  I
> think the main sticking point would be the request not to rent out the other
> two rooms, because that significantly affects our flexibility to accept
> other tenants.
>
> We could agree not to rent out just the center room,  for example. Or we
> could build in a clause that reduces the rent of one or both of the other
> rooms get rented.

I just want to say at this point that I'm entirely on Team
Rent-Out-The-Ballroom, and very unenthusiastic about full-time leases
for small room unless they will be curated by rad participatory omni
collectives. So I really like this OMP proposal and I think the
mandate to keep those rooms common/shared/schedulable is actually a
huge plus.

Time-based over space-based multiplexing:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time-division_multiplexing

In fact, maybe we should just rename our building the Multiplex, or
Mux for short. :)