[sudo-discuss] PG&E and questions about power (electrical!).

Ben Burke benjaminburke at me.com
Wed Sep 24 12:44:11 PDT 2014

On Sep 24, 2014, at 11:42 AM, niki <niki.shelley at gmail.com> wrote:
> You may or may not be aware but since we have moved in, our monthly PG&E bill has gone from $481 to close to $900. I'm guessing it's just going to continue to climb.
>
> I realize that we're using a lot more electricity than when John and Mary were living there but I want us to please be mindful of the expense!!
>
> Does anyone have thoughts as to what could be contributing to such an increase? Is it simply having more lights on, more often?

At least for residential service, PG&E has a thing where you can go online and see a graph of how much power you are using throughout the day… if that info is available for the Omni it might be useful, especially for determining if lights are the issue… or if the robot is secretly building a roboarmy when nobody is around. (fingers crossed)