[sudo-discuss] [CCL] Gear from BioCurious up for grabs/sale

Marc Juul juul at labitat.dk
Tue Apr 7 01:20:38 PDT 2015

On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 12:06 AM, Patrik D'haeseleer <patrikd at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 6, 2015 at 11:53 PM, Marc Juul <juul at labitat.dk> wrote:
>
>> I don't think CCL has a shaking water bath! I can fix/replace heating
>> element.
>>

> What's the benefit of a shaking water bath versus a shaking incubator? I
> know BioC was getting a lot of contamination in the water bath, plus it's a
> real pain to clean out once it's contaminated.

Only benefits I know of are that they have a high degree of thermal
stability (not unlike the water-jacketed incubators) but don't take many
hours to reach the set temperature. I can see that contamination might be
an issue, though it might be solved by adding something to the water. If
you don't think it's worth the space allocation then that's fine.

--
marc/juul