[sudo-discuss] free components in Hayward

Patrik D'haeseleer patrikd at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 10:35:26 PDT 2015

*PLEASE SPEAK UP NOW*, if *anyone* actually want the boxes with electrical
components! So far, I've yet to hear anyone say "yes, let's get those". I'm
not interested in dragging in stuff that nobody wants!

Most of them are fairly old - I'd guess 90's or so. The components are in
smaller boxes of 50-100 each or so, inside larger cardboard boxes.

Are there specific types we should pick up or avoid? Potentiometers and
resistors YES; capacitors, SMDs and ancient ICs NO? How about the various
mechanical fasteners, screws, standoffs, etc?

There's a whole box with newer-looking 4700uF/16V caps, and a box full of
large 2500uF/80VDC caps - skip?

There are also 5-6 sturdy metal rolling cabinets like this one:

WANT?

Patrik