[sudo-discuss] Wikipedia & Journalism event next Friday

Pete Forsyth peteforsyth at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 08:32:15 PDT 2015

Hi all,

I'm putting on an event next Friday, with Hacks and Hackers, entitled:
*The Future of Journalism in a Wikipedia World. *
http://www.meetup.com/hacksandhackers/events/224478596/

This will be a "lightweight" panel discussion, with an emphasis on
conversation among the whole group. Besides me, one of the panelists should
be familiar to you: Liberty Madison has just agreed to join us, along with
Dan Cook (reporter/editor/Wikipedian) and Andrew Lih (journalism
prof/author or The Wikipedia Revolution).

The event is in SF, not too far from Noisebridge. Our host, Nomiku, will be
serving fancy cocktails and hors d'oeuvres afterward. There is a $10 charge
to cover ingredients; but the charge is optional for anybody who wants to
just attend the panel and discussion. (Just skip the payment option when
RSVPing.)

I hope to see some of you there! And if anybody would like to share this on
the Noisebridge list, I'd appreciate it -- since this is more in their back
yard!

-Pete
[[User:Peteforsyth]] on the wiki