[sudo-discuss] Linux Install Fest Fridays / expectaitons

Romy Ilano romy at snowyla.com
Sat Aug 22 17:00:08 PDT 2015

Hi I was in the space last night (Friday) on the tail end of the Linux
install fest fridays.Lately fridays have been kind of dead. I think
Thursday is our most happening night, and usually the Omni is pretty empty
on Friday.

There were some cool guests dropping by, and from what i heard they were
ready to go, but they seemed let down by the lack of people and activity. i
don't think they said it out loud.

I'm wondering: what do you think? Should we move installfest to the
Thursday party night? that might also interfere with the javascript evening.

Or should we rephrase the Friday night expectations so that people don't
expect it to be this organized, orderly event? I think the thursdays are
more of a hangout night, and there are other groups there Thursday but
Friday not so much.

I'm fine going there and hacking in peace and quiet. But I don't want
people to leave disappointed.

Romy Ilano
romy at snowyla.com