[sudo-discuss] ian moon banned

yar yardenack at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 09:58:13 PDT 2015

On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 12:50 AM, Julio Rios <julio.rios at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think there are two Moons, but only one of them, Ian Moon, was observed
> threatening someone else (James Moon) with a cane.  James Moon was denied
> sudoroom membership, but it's unclear that he's done anything to warrant a
> ban.

My personal opinion is that James Moon should be banned. I have not
met him personally, but I have talked to a number of people who felt
unsafe during his outbursts and yelling sprees in July. He has a very
sordid history which I won't go into here, but is searchable online.
The only reason he wasn't formally banned is that he ragequit himself
and nobody expected him to return.

I have had nothing but good experiences with Eian Moon, so this
surprises me. He's helped out with the building working group - helped
me hang the big white door from La Commune to the basement. He's
participating in Becoming Omni planning process, in the "invitations"
subgroup along with Matt Senate. He's also teaching a Public School
class, which is on their calendar:
https://bayareapublicschool.org/events/questioning-everything-2015-08-27/

> Is someone going to contact Ian Moon to let him know there is an Omni
> conflict resolution process to initiate?

I've emailed Eian Moon and Robb, requesting to talk in person outside
of Omni. I will try to play that role. I'm not really interested in
mediating with James Moon, given everything I know about him.