[sudo-discuss] [sudo-info] GoDaddy Renewal Notice - biz license

We The People hello at sl-co.com
Fri Aug 28 22:08:00 PDT 2015

A business license is something you apply for at the City of Oakland.
Straightforward process, requires filing a form and paying a $60 fee,
then running a notice in a local (authorized) printed newspaper for some
number of days, then the City sends you a paper saying you're licensed
to do business. You should have one already (within 30 days of starting
your business).

http://oaklandbusinesscenter.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=63&Itemid=59
or PDF online:
http://www.oaklandnet.com/government/fwawebsite/revenue/revenue_newbiaapp.htm

If you file the papers with the City then wait a couple of days before
doing the posting in, say, the Oakland Tribune (for something like
$70?), some other outfit will send a postcard advertising the same
service for closer to $35 or $40. I used them last time I filed and it
worked just fine.

Note that this will also tick the box that tells the City to send
business tax notices too.