[sudo-discuss] [sudo-info] GoDaddy Renewal Notice

Marc Juul juul at labitat.dk
Sun Aug 30 00:51:54 PDT 2015

On Sat, Aug 29, 2015 at 6:45 AM, Cere Misc <cere.misc at gmail.com> wrote:

> I never met Eddan but he friended me on fb.  I'll help pester him.

Wait no! There's a lot of confusion here. A DBA is NOT a business license
and there is no reason to involve Eddan.

A business license is something you get from the city. It's just a way for
them to extract a fee and put you in the database of people who have to pay
the 1% city of oakland business tax. Someone needs to go to the right
bureaucratic office in Oakland and register us and pay the fee. Then we
need to tell them that we're a 501c3 (when that actually happens) so we can
escape the 1% tax.

--
marc/juul