[sudo-discuss] Meeting re how the BID can best support Omni Commons (fwd)

Jake jake at spaz.org
Tue Dec 15 01:10:49 PST 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 23:52:15 -0800
From: Shifra de Benedictis-Kessner <shifra at temescaldistrict.org>
To: Jake at spaz.org
Subject: Meeting re how the BID can best support Omni Commons

Hi Jake!

I am the new Executive Director for the Temescal BID, and I'd like to
set up a meeting with you and/or any other decision makers at Omni
Commons to get to know your organization, and learn how I can best
support you. I've shared some of your events on Facebook, and taken a
short tour of your space (as well as attending the Bicycle Music
Festival after-party in your space!). But I'd like to know best how to
talk about all your amazing organizations, as well as your over-arching
mission.

I offer marketing and promotions support to all the organizations and
business in the district, as well as coordinating the cleaning, and
graffiti removal in all the different zones. I am eager to hear your
issues, challenges, and successes.

I'm also interested in finding out if Omni Commons rents out space for
events on a regular basis, and if I could possibly publicize. People
frequently approach me for meeting/event space available in the
district.

And on a different note, the storage unit that the Temescal BID's clean
team uses will be demolished in less than 4 weeks to make way for the
development at 51st and Telegraph. The BID is urgently looking to find
the team a new storage unit in the district, and we are willing to rent
one. We are definitely interested in both temporary
and permanent solutions given the urgent need. The team needs a space on
the ground floor, ~200-250 square feet. The team needs access 5 days a
week (M-F) starting at 8am and ending at 2:30pm. Do you happen to have
any extra space available?

Please let me know when you would be available to meet? Omni Commons is
an important stakeholder in the Temescal BID.

Best,
Shifra

--
Shifra de Benedictis-Kessner