[sudo-discuss] Our City: Oakland Fair - Apply by this Friday 12/18! (fwd)

Jake jake at spaz.org
Thu Dec 17 11:42:39 PST 2015

what is this?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2015 19:11:57 +0000
From: Our City <info at ourcity.is>
To: Jake  <jake at spaz.org>
Subject: Our City: Oakland Fair - Apply by this Friday 12/18!

               Apply by Friday 12/18 for up to $2,000 for a new design project.

                               View this email in your browser

                          [8ae36f70-1111-4e8e-921b-45b0fb339df3.png]

Hello again!

This is your final reminder that there’s just one more day left to apply for the first Our
City: Oakland Fair in Frank Ogawa Plaza, February 4-6, 2016!

Submit your ideas before 11:59 pm PST on Friday, December 18, 2015! Successful applicants
will receive grants of $200 - $2,000 to cover costs of materials and time, and will be
notified the week of December 21. In addition to funding, project teams will have a platform
to engage thousands of people, and the opportunity to help shape the future of their city.

Our City is partnering with the City of Oakland, 50 Fund, and Bank of the West to transform
Frank Ogawa Plaza with 8-10 new public design installations and performances that encourage
Oakland kids, families, residents, and visitors of all ages to play in new ways. These will
be early-stage test projects, with the goal of inspiring longer-term community-driven
installations in Oakland.

Please post, forward, and tweet the application to anyone you think has a great idea for
transforming Oakland's public spaces into places for play. Use the hashtag #OurCityOakland
on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.

Learn more and submit your proposal now at:
http://ourcity.is/oakland

If you have any questions, e-mail us at info at ourcity.is

Together in play,

Ray, Jake, and the Our City Team

http://ourcity.is
@OurCityIs
info at ourcity.is

About Our City
Our City empowers residents to imagine and build the future of their communities. We bring
together governments, cultural institutions, and individuals to make their cities better
together, through public design festivals, workshops, and installations. Our City is a
nonprofit organization based in Oakland, California and works with cities everywhere.

[color-twitter-48.png]
[color-facebook-48.png]
[color-instagram-48.png]
[color-link-48.png]
Copyright © 2015 Our City Network, All rights reserved.
We're sharing this opportunity with select people and organizations in our networks who we
think are a natural fit for this work.

Our mailing address is:
Our City Network1670 28th St
Oakland, CA 94608

Add us to your address book

You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list

Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp
[open.php?u=d1cbbbe5e8a2bc18d23bbdab5&id=fefa5bb6bb&e=da4baa2e6f]