[sudo-discuss] Fwd: PLEASE READ THIS - Notice to all Internet Credit Union Members and Supporters

Matthew Senate mattsenate at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 18:13:44 PST 2015

It's official:
https://blog.archive.org/2015/12/14/internet-credit-union-2011-2015-rip/

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: IAFCU Team <iafcu-team at archive.org>
Date: Thu, Dec 17, 2015 at 3:34 PM
Subject: PLEASE READ THIS - Notice to all Internet Credit Union Members and
Supporters

Dear Members/supporters:

On behalf of the board we regretfully wanted to inform you that our members
have voted to voluntarily liquidate the Internet Archive Federal Credit
Union and send the regulators (NCUA) back our charter.   We understand that
this not easy for anyone, and so we are staying open 9am-6pm ET until
further notice to make the process of closing your account as un-burdensome
as we can.

The simplest way to close your account is to send us an e-mail, from the
e-mail address we have on file for you, with the following line:

*“I would like to close my account.   Please send a check for the full
value of my account to the address on file.”*

We have of course waived all fees and once we receive your notification you
will be sent a tellers check as soon as possible for the full amount of
your deposits with us.

We will follow up this e-mail with a phone call where, after we properly
identify you, you can also begin the process of closing your account.

Jordan Modell
CEO – Internet Credit Union

PS If you have any questions or just want to vent please feel free to
e-mail me directly:  Jordan at archive.org

For more information see the following two blog posts.

http://blog.archive.org/2015/11/24/difficult-times-at-our-credit-union/

http://blog.archive.org/2015/12/14/internet-credit-union-2011-2015-rip/

--
Internet Archive Federal Credit Union