[sudo-discuss] New subscription request to list members from xxxxxx (fwd)

Jake jake at spaz.org
Wed Dec 30 22:35:28 PST 2015

On Wed, 30 Dec 2015, yar wrote:
> It was somebody who recently became a Sudoroom member, and tried to
> subscribe to the members list. Then you got an email because you're an
> admin of the members list. Then you leaked their personal email by
> forwarding it to sudo-discuss. You should not do that. As a list
> admin, people are trusting you not to do that. Do you want to be a
> list admin?

clearly i'm not cut out for this job because i totally failed to
understand what was going on, although now I understand.

no i don't want to be a list admin but I created the members list for the
purpose of being able to send out an email to all members, saying "all
members should be paying dues of at least this much" and "if you haven't
been paying your dues you should go to this link and contribute, and sign
up for sudo humans"

but i never followed through with it because i didn't want my inbox
flooded with replies, so i was expecting to send a message with no return
address, but i was having trouble understanding the mailing list configs,
and then someone told me that sudoroom had plenty of money and I couldn't
get anyone to help me with wording the appropriate email.

-jake