[sudo-discuss] need power strips for sudoroom

Jake jake at spaz.org
Thu Dec 31 01:28:21 PST 2015

On Thu, 31 Dec 2015, danarauz at gmail.com wrote:

> Is it safe to be adding more power strips in that area?
>
> I am not an electrician, but it seems to me that the 3D printer area already
> have a lot of connections. That area (the 3D printing area) is being feed by
> an extension cord which also feeds the area above (behind the sudoroom
> sign), and the building station to the right.

it's not the number of power strips that matters, only the amount of
current flowing through them.

we are only plugging in tiny things like VOIP phones and LCD monitors and
a computer, and small lamps and a raspberry pi and things like that...
each device taking like 5 watts to maybe 200 watts for the desktop
computer.  A single power strip can handle 1800 watts (15 amps 120v) so
there will not be a problem.

-jake