[sudo-discuss] [omni-discuss] E-waste in trash room

David Keenan dkeenan44 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 12:07:01 PST 2015

Thanks patrik for bringing this up.

I think there needs to be an e-waste and bulky waste (non-regular-trash)
area in sudo room. There used to basically be one, then it disappeared, I
think that needs to come back. What happens is this stuff gets crammed into
the trashroom, hallways etc as patrik says and forgotten because its out of
sight / out of mind. Then others go in and simply throw more, different
kinds of trash on top of it and make a mess. IE most of the time, it seems
left for others to take to e-waste, c&d, or the dump. This isn't really
fair..

I would like to propose to sudo and ccl that e-waste, hazaradous waste,
bulky items generated by them be stored in Sudo/CCL until you dispose of
them and not merged with the regular trash. I would also propose this for
every group with dedicated space in the building, not just Sudo/CCL.

The trash situation has dramatically improved since we first moved in, but
with the amount of contruction that is about to happen it could really
truly explode again. Special trips for waste disposal need to be more
equitably distributed across all the collectives that generate them -

Best,
David