[sudo-discuss] [CCL] Free Scanning Electron Microscope in Pleasanton! (was Fwd: [Microscopy] viaWWW:SMI3200 FIB system looking for a good home)

Adam Munich adam at aperture.systems
Wed Jul 1 23:35:05 PDT 2015

The vane pump gets down to 60-80 mtorr last I checked.

Used to go to 20, but I couldn't afford fomblin oil to put into it and
so we're limited by the hydrocarbon vapour pressure.
---
Adam Munich - Daring to take risks most only dream of
Web: http://adammunich.com
Tel: +1-650-452-0554

Be • knowledgeable •  social • patient • fearless • compassionate •
fun • humble • forgiving.
Be a leader

On Wed, Jul 1, 2015 at 11:30 PM, Adam Munich <adam at aperture.systems> wrote:
> 3 phase, if it requires it, isn't a problem. Until a cheap one pops up
> on craigslist, we still have jake's rotary converter rigged up to the
> robot.
>
> If it needs low vacuum, I have a 2-stage rotary vane pump floating
> around sudo somewhere. Provided no one drops anything into the
> turbomolecular pump there shouldn't be much to worry about W.R.T
> hi-vac, or, at least nothing more to worry about than a copper flange
> needing replacement.
>

> ---
> Adam Munich - Daring to take risks most only dream of
> Web: http://adammunich.com
> Tel: +1-650-452-0554
>
> Be • knowledgeable •  social • patient • fearless • compassionate •
> fun • humble • forgiving.
> Be a leader
>

> On Wed, Jul 1, 2015 at 2:03 PM, Donald Day <ddigor at well.com> wrote:
>> I would definitely be interested in any scouting expedition.
>>
>> Having access to an SEM is extremely enticing,
>> but in addition to the space issue, there are some others:
>> Power - does it want 240V or 3-phase?
>> Does it expect a low vacuum connection along with its internal high vacuum
>> systems?
>> Maintaining the electronics is probably quite manageable, but I worry about
>> the vacuum systems.
>>
>> Beam Services is a broker for lots of semiconductor equipment all over.
>> It this unit really in Pleasanton?
>> This sounds like a unit originally used for semiconductor work.
>> What adaptations or additions would be required for more bio applications?
>>
>> Don Day
>> ________________________________
>> From: "Patrik D'haeseleer" <patrikd at gmail.com>

>>> 11, 17 -- From microscopylistserver-noreply at microscopy.com Wed Jun 24
>>> 18:03:49 2015
>>> 11, 17 -- Received: from Nestor-Mac-Pro-ZNL.local (mac22.zaluzec.com
>>> [206.69.208.22])
>>> 11, 17 --       by ns.microscopy.com (8.12.11.20060308/8.12.8) with
>>> ESMTP id t5ON3mfZ000739
>>> 11, 17 --       for <microscopy at microscopy.com>; Wed, 24 Jun 2015 18:03:48
>>> -0500
>>> 11, 17 -- Message-ID: <558B3754.8090000 at microscopy.com>
>>> 11, 17 -- Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 18:03:48 -0500
>>> 11, 17 -- From: MicroscopyListserver-NoReply
>>> <microscopylistserver-noreply at microscopy.com>
>>> 11, 17 -- Reply-To: microscopylistserver-noreply at microscopy.com
>>> 11, 17 -- User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.9;
>>> rv:31.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/31.7.0
>>> 11, 17 -- MIME-Version: 1.0
>>> 11, 17 -- To: MicroscopyListServer-Forward <microscopy at microscopy.com>
>>> 11, 17 -- Subject: viaWWW:SMI3200 FIB system looking for a good home
>>> 11, 17 -- References: <201506241723.t5OHNnE8030468 at ns.microscopy.com>
>>> 11, 17 -- In-Reply-To: <201506241723.t5OHNnE8030468 at ns.microscopy.com>