[sudo-discuss] replace light bulb stick

Patrik D'haeseleer patrikd at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 16:03:44 PDT 2015

Hi Jake,

I believe we used up the last 8ft fluorescent bulb when we fixed the light
in CCL last night. Sorry - I had meant to alert the building WG about that.
Can someone (with a large enough car or truck) get some more of the 8-foot
fluorescents from Home Depot?

In fact, we were one bulb short to test the new ballast in the fixture
closest to the exit in CCL, so we scavenged a bulb from the other fixture -
which is why now the *other* fixture in CCL is dark. Sigh...

Anyway - until we get more bulbs I guess you could scavenge the lone bulb
left in the fixture near the biosafety cabinet in CCL. Might as well
combine them in one working fixture in Sudo, rather than having two that
are dark...

Note that there are also some new ballasts in the locked storage room next
to the ballroom. The reason why these fluorescents keep burning out is
likely because the ballast needs replacing.

While you're at it, please also slide the transparent plastic tubes over
the 8ft fluorescent bulbs (another fire inspection requirement, to limit
falling glass in case of an earthquake, presumably). There should be more
of the 8ft sleeves in one of the long cardboard boxes in the storage room
as well. I think we need to buy more of the 4ft sleeves though.

Thanks!

Patrik