[sudo-discuss] 2nd Floor - Server area cable done + Relocating HP 24 port switch

danarauz at gmail.com danarauz at gmail.com
Sat Jul 4 15:43:01 PDT 2015

Okay folks, the run from the second floor (where the public computers area)
to the server area has been done.
It took me a few hours, moving like molasses, but it is done! :)

* One end has been terminated at the Server area patch panel port 32.
* The other end of the cable was terminated to a female RJ45 connector
(without a box, because I didn't find one).

I WILL BE MOVING HP SWITCH UP THE WALL:
I noticed that a HP Procurve 24 port switch was left on top of one of the
desktop computers; but I will move it up to the column above this table, so
members and visitors don't mess with it.  -Remember, this switch is feeding
a connection the door lock system and, I believe, also the bookstore
register area.  And we really don't want those two connections to lose
connections, just because someone unplugged the wrong cable or unplugged
the wrong electrical cord or etc, etc.

I will be updating the chart by the patch panel at the Server area to
reflect this new connection.

Thanks,

Daniel

Help open a people-powered common space in Oakland, California!
https://omnicommons.org/donate