[sudo-discuss] 2nd Floor - Server area cable done + Relocating HP 24 port switch

danarauz at gmail.com danarauz at gmail.com
Sat Jul 4 21:59:58 PDT 2015

Juul: Yes, I am excited that we are getting this done.

Anyways, the good news: The HP switch is up on the column and its powered
up.

The cable that comes from the building entrance's door was terminated and
its connected to the Switch in the second floor area. The cable that
connects to the Switch in the second floor area and the Server area was
also connected to the switch.

Okay, the not so good news: The switches are not talking.

Somewhere along the line wire no. 1 is broken or not connecting.
Wires 7 and 8 show issues also. I re-punched the end at the Patch Panel;
but this didn't help.
I will come back tomorrow, Sunday, and re-do the end at the second floor. I
hope that takes care of it.

Daniel

On Sat, Jul 4, 2015 at 7:49 PM, Marc Juul <juul at labitat.dk> wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 4, 2015 at 3:43 PM, danarauz at gmail.com <danarauz at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Okay folks, the run from the second floor (where the public computers
>> area) to the server area has been done.
>> It took me a few hours, moving like molasses, but it is done! :)
>>
>> * One end has been terminated at the Server area patch panel port 32.
>> * The other end of the cable was terminated to a female RJ45 connector
>> (without a box, because I didn't find one).
>>

> Awesome! The installation is so close to completed now!
>

>> I WILL BE MOVING HP SWITCH UP THE WALL:
>> I noticed that a HP Procurve 24 port switch was left on top of one of the
>> desktop computers; but I will move it up to the column above this table, so
>> members and visitors don't mess with it.  -Remember, this switch is feeding
>> a connection the door lock system and, I believe, also the bookstore
>> register area.  And we really don't want those two connections to lose
>> connections, just because someone unplugged the wrong cable or unplugged
>> the wrong electrical cord or etc, etc.
>>

> Good idea, I had placed it there simply to indicate that that switch would
> be good to use for that area.
>
> --
> marc/juul

Help open a people-powered common space in Oakland, California!
https://omnicommons.org/donate