[sudo-discuss] Fwd: [liberationtech] Call for free software projects ( and other types of organizations ) to sign an anti-patent-troll pledge

Marc Juul juul at labitat.dk
Thu Jul 9 21:14:39 PDT 2015

Maybe we should sign?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Nicholas Merrill <lists at calyx.com>
Date: Thu, Jul 9, 2015 at 2:01 PM
Subject: [liberationtech] Call for free software projects ( and other types
of organizations ) to sign an anti-patent-troll pledge
To: liberationtech <liberationtech at lists.stanford.edu>

 Hi,

The Calyx Institute is running a campaign to try to get 40 organizations to
sign a pledge against patent troll lawsuits directed against Linux,
Android, Apache, MySQL, PHP, Tor Project and dozens of other free software
projects and organizations

What if your organization isn't one that develops software or holds
software patents?  That's OK !  We still would like your organization to
sign the pledge.

Even if you run a supermarket, a social network or a workers union, we are
very happy with your organization becoming a  member of the community
supporting patent non-aggression. Open source is everywhere (from the cash
register running on GNU/Linux, the server that hosts your website and mail
or the medical equipment measuring your lung capacity). Everyone should be
able to use these open source packages donated by their creators without
thinking twice. By joining, you make a difference.

The link to the pledge, and associated FAQ's is at the following URL:
https://nlnet.nl/help/

It's really easy to do, it should take less than 5 minutes.

Just click the URL, click on the 'Sign me up' button, then fill out your
project or organization's information, and just be sure to do what it says
in the confirmation email ( which comes from a totally different domain )

The subject of the email should be something like "OIN license agreement
for you" from licenseesign at openinventionnetwork.com

Thanks!

Nick

--