[sudo-discuss] Computers for the Public Setup+ ALERTS (DNS + Speed)

Ryan yandoryn at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 16:42:12 PDT 2015

Would be really cool if we could get some accessible stations for the
public, rather than continuing to put them upstairs.

On Sat, Jul 11, 2015 at 7:15 PM, danarauz at gmail.com <danarauz at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hellos,
>

> *Good News!*We now have a total of 10 new data drops at the second floor
> where the computers for the public are.
> Four computers are already setup and ready to use. The other six are
> already active, so it is matter of bringing more computers to the table and
> set them up.
> The second one from the left was not booting up, and since I had a
> bootable USB with Debian 8 with me; well.. I installed Debian on it. User
> name: user Password: user Root's password: user  -Feel free to modify that
> if one wish or if it required. I just wanted to have it running at least.
>
> I removed all the extra unnecessary and/or unsafe equipment that was there
> on that table.
> Excuse me that it was brought down to one of the tables at Sudo, but I was
> too exhausted that I just wanted to go home.
>
> *ALERTS:*
> DNS: At the time that I left the building, 5pm, there were some DNS
> issues. DNS was not resolving.
> Pinging Google's DNS IP 8.8.8.8 worked, but not when trying the domain
> name. The issue seemed intermittent.
>
> BANDWIDTH: Also, I ran a few speed tests and they area about 20Mbps /
> 1.5Mbps.
>
> Thanks Hassan, Sierk, and Francisco for your help during these three days
> of work.
>
> Daniel
> --

> Help open a people-powered common space in Oakland, California!
> https://omnicommons.org/donate

Currently Reading
<https://www.goodreads.com/user/email_signature_destination/35215676?utm_medium=reading_link&utm_source=email_signature>
[image: Book Cover]