[sudo-discuss] JOB: Linux systems administrator, part time

Vicky Knox vknoxsironi at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 20:13:03 PDT 2015

Psst..

[spaghettinight] sys-admin job
from: Boris Fain boris.fain at gmail.com

Hi all -

If anyone wants to pick up a little extra cash, I'm posting this position.
If you have run and installed Linux yourself you are 1/2 way to the
skill-set and we can train you for the rest. It's a flex gig very chill for
the right person.

Linux systems administrator, part time:

InterX inc is looking for a part-time sys-admin. The continuous duties are
fairly light, with periods of occasional burst activity (upgrades, etc.).
You will be responsible for a small (300 cores) HPC cluster, and occasional
EC2 spillover. You will also occasionally interact with vendors. User
complains are fairly light, but are expected to be addressed within 48
hours. As there's on-site activity local candidate is preferred though much
of the work can be done remotely.

Relevant skills:

Fluency with Linux and cluster configurations. Rocks Clusters experience
desired. EC2 and StarCluster experience a plus. Fluency in basic scripting,
system maintenance and backup strategy a must.

This is probably best suited for a graduate student who wants to make some
money on the side.