[sudo-discuss] Greetings from the omni

Romy Ilano romy at snowyla.com
Sun Jul 26 13:47:39 PDT 2015

(see full image)

https://www.facebook.com/events/1606507732938924/

We had another experimental session involving fitness and art at the omni upstairs from Sudoroom

It went over my Head at some parts but there was a redefinition of fitness : fitness is not only about body fat but also mental health and the ability to survive and reproduce in rapidly changing environments

We taped alternate eyes to our own and spent most of the session with eyes closed as we imagined alternate realities .

Instead if an aerobics or spinning class we listened to a computer discussing the future and imagining sensations of augmented realities

The future was discussed as we stretched and writhed and the need to find new realties and ways of being !

As you know the omni Collective is a unique place. Many events that occur here wouldn't happen anywhere else

While I was doing fitness I ran into moms and dads preparing a benefit for Muhammad and emad at the solidarity Cafe. I think they're activists who got into trouble 😢

https://instagram.com/p/5nP0EUIUtj/

There are kids playing in the omni ballroom and people chatting in Spanish and folks of all religions doing bake sales to help these guys

It's nice ! Thanks omni and Sudoroom. ! Oakland needs you

We don't want Oakland to become what happened to the sf mission and Dolores park ❤️

Sent from my iPhone