[sudo-discuss] Important Omni decisions

yar yardenack at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 11:56:15 PDT 2015

Your delegates to the Omni have lately been me, Jenny Ryan and Matt
Senate. We would love more people to fill this role. We also need help
making decisions which represent Sudoroom. Not enough people have been
coming to meetings. Last night there were only 2-3. Other members were
doing important work throughout the building, which is great but we
still need to participate in Omni decisions. Here's some of the open
proposals to the Omni delegates:

* Finance & fundraising working groups should act quickly to buy the building
* Omni should become a 501c3
* Delegates should meet weekly again
* Global Womens Strike should become a member collective
* Black Hole should take responsibility for their fire hazards in the basement
* Use the red stage area in the basement for bike parking
* Post a clear policy about using the shower

Each of these proposals uses a consensus process - first we talk about
the issues in order to learn what everybody's needs are. Then each
collective can say yes, abstain, or block (and give a good reason).
Since few people showed up to last night's meeting, I'm not sure what
we're supposed to say. Should members resort to voting by email? It
would help if people with concerns could make them known somehow, and
people with positive feelings also. Thanks.