[sudo-discuss] Don't leave valuables in your car!

Patrik D'haeseleer patrikd at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 00:10:01 PDT 2015

I regularly see broken windshield glass on the sidewalks in Temescal.
Sounds like there are some thieves who systematically cruise the
neighborhood looking for anything they can grab out of parked cars - check
the eye witness report from one of our members below.

Temescal is a relatively up-and-coming neighborhood in Oakland, but you
really should not be leaving any valuables visible in your car *anywhere*
in the Bay Area...

I know the apartment building across the street had its security camera
trained on the Omni for a while. If you experience a car break-in, there's
a possibility the police may be able to use that tape to catch these
A-holes.

If you see anything suspicious (like in this case, a car driving up on the
wrong side of the road checking out parked cars), make sure to jot down a
license plate if you can...

Patrik