[sudo-discuss] [omni-discuss] [CCL] Don't leave valuables in your car!

Stephen Novotny novotny.stephen at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 09:08:08 PDT 2015

I think it's a terrible idea to ask cops to patrol our streets more often.
There is no immediate solution to preventing theft other than removing
valuables from cars.

The long term solution is to strengthen and continue our work in the
community. Theft isn't a symptom of malicious intent, but social
disadvantage. If we'd like to address this more intentionally as a
community, we could start by reading a book like Michelle Alexander's "The
New Jim Crow" and discussing why the policing industry doesn't strengthen
communities, but weakens them.