[sudo-discuss] [omni-discuss] Asked Egon to Leave

hol at gaskill.com hol at gaskill.com
Fri Jun 12 09:12:25 PDT 2015

 this is automatic but not binding on us, ie we adopt by default but can
review and unban by consensus at sudo if we receive information that
indicated it was not handled fairly. there is one case recently where
someone was banned at nb (not for safe space) and we decided to give it
a shot but the same patterns were repeated. i don't recall ever taking
this matter up for anyone who was banned elsewhere for safe space
violation.

On 2015-06-12 02:12, Ryan wrote:

> We have a reciprocal policy with Noisebridge for any safe space related bans.
>
> On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 4:11 PM, Karissa McKelvey <karissa.mckelvey at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I would propose reviewing bans at other hacker spaces and enforcing ones that are reasonably decided upon by the group.
>
> On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 2:21 PM, Soenke Veirls <soenkeveirls at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Just so my this is on the record...
> (resending bc I forgot to hit 'reply all')
>
> I strongly urge that Egon be banned.
>
> He has been consistently aggressive, intimidating, and threatening toward myself and others, for months now.
> Only just a moment ago, I called him out (actually, I only asked what he was doing) for attempting to dump refuse on the street, to which he immediately responded in a hostile and demeaning tone.
> Many of the neighbors are fed up with his behavior on Dover st, as well, which creates exponential tension between them, the vehicle dwellers, And Omni.
>
> I really don't see why we need or should have to put with such disrespect.
> If we can do something about it, we should - I feel we have a right and even the responsibility to do so.
>
> I'm really trying to stay out of the politics and drama at Omni, but if I need to come to a meeting to settle this, I will do so gladly.
>
> ~ Korl
> On Jun 9, 2015 11:52 PM, "Ryan" <yandoryn at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I asked Egon to leave tonight due to continually aggressive behavior towards me and boundary pushing.
>
> I will drop in at the sudo meeting tomorrow (it's during a CCL class so I can't be there the whole time) to discuss setting up a conflict steward and mediator. _______________________________________________
> discuss mailing list
> discuss at lists.omnicommons.org

Karissa McKelvey
karissamck.com [3]

Dat dat-data.com [4]
U.S Open Data usopendata.org [5]
Debt Collective debtcollective.org [6]
Taskforce taskforce.is [7]
Brass Liberation Orchestra brassliberation.org [8]

 --

Currently Reading [9]
 [10]

Links: