[sudo-discuss] Dimmable 100W LED Driver Design for Arduino

Robert Benson sf99er at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 19:27:07 PDT 2015

I'm trying to drive several devices:

1) 1x 1w 12v fan (pentium 2 cpu cooler)
2) 1x 100w 35v 3a smd led. (I want the led to be dimmable & ideally capable
of high frequency switching :))

   - *Forward Voltage (VF): DC 32-34V*
   - *Forward current (IF): 3000MA*
   - *Out put Lumens: 8000-9500LM*

3) several other servo/stepper motors for pan/tilt type uses

with one arduino uno.

Obviously, the arduino will not power the led so I need a driver for it &
maybe even the motors.

My research leads me to think that the led wants a constant current of 3
amps & a variable voltage for dimming. Circuits of this caliber have not
been forthcoming in my searches on the web.

Thank you for your consideration. Cheers
Robb