[sudo-discuss] Fwd: Important: No more bank payouts. Action required.

yar yardenack at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 17:54:48 PDT 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Gratipay Support <support at gratipay.com>
Date: Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 7:12 PM
Subject: [sudo-accounts] Important: No more bank payouts. Action required.
To: Gratipay Support <support at gratipay.com>

Greetings!

You're receiving this message because you're one of the nine people
who have been withdrawing money from Gratipay 2.0 directly to your
bank account.

Our provider for bank payouts, Balanced Payments, is going out of
business, and they stopped providing bank payouts last week. We tried
pretty damn hard over the past couple months to migrate to a new
provider for bank payouts, so that we could provide uninterrupted
service for you, but we failed. Sorry. :-(

Our backup plan is PayPal. To maximize the chance that you receive
your payout this week in some fashion, we chose to configure your
Gratipay account to send money via PayPal to the verified email
address we have on file for you—the one you're receiving this email
on—from now on.

Please update the PayPal address on your Gratipay settings page as
necessary, to ensure that we route your payouts properly starting this
Thursday.

If PayPal is not a good option for you, please get in touch and let's
see what we can figure out.

You've been very patient with us throughout the turmoil of the last
couple months. While we can't quite say that we've fully survived the
Balanced shutdown yet (due to its repercussions for us), it's a big
milestone to be processing at all even though Balanced has in fact
started shutting down. Thank you for believing in us as we continue
rebuilding Gratipay! :-)

As always, feel free to reply here privately, or join our public
discussion on GitHub.

chad
----
Chad Whitacre