[sudo-discuss] [omni-discuss] Is this yours?

David Keenan dkeenan44 at gmail.com
Wed May 6 21:59:13 PDT 2015

Hey y'all,

Turns out it was Sand's (short, blonde fellow) - fwiw he also has a bike
with similar white squareish-looking bins he sometimes brings into the
space.

I told him that our neighbors are being super uptight, and generally blame
a lot on Omni with respect to debris & stuff on the sidewalk and street,
and, if he was so willing, to not park his trailer along 48th or near the
omni where it may technically obstruct the sidewalk and we get blamed of
course. He agreed. Yay! For once a problem solved.

Naturally its sort of ridiculous complaint but when I consider how many
months Kwic's large trike was parked out in front of omni without moving, I
understand a little bit when dude wants to walk his dog and constantly
navigate obstructions. Apparently he was extremely irate.. we really dont
want irate neighbors when it comes to permits n stuff.

I think I am going to call for a revivified maintenance working group where
as a service to our neighbors, we not only clean up regularly in front of
omni but both sides of 48th all the way down to the end, too. Since
cleanliness means so much to them (and I have heard this from multiple
neighbors over a long time, it is clearly their #1 day-to-day concern with
omni presently), this would show them materially that we are sensitive to
their various hangups and expectations of their neighbors, of which we
definitely are a biggie.

Best,
David