[sudo-discuss] hack a day

Romy Ilano romy at snowyla.com
Wed May 13 17:14:50 PDT 2015

I usually do a sketch a day (one sketch a day)
but i always want to play and experiment with code... i never seem to get
around to doing one new code or hack a day which would actually be really
fun!

biggest barrier: distractions, surfing the web, and then:

I think the stuff that stands in the way is: just thinking about it,
setting up my IDE, fear of imperfection, and it takes like about 5-10
minutes of coding to "get into the flow" and start pushing your limits

as a result, i don't code as much as I could even though I really like it.

i really would like to hod more casual hacks every day. have you thought
about this? I'm thinking of starting them on paper the way I do my
drawings. in pseudocode

I remember this was a big problem i had with making comics and I was never
profile

wish i could be more like jake and just be compulsive about it! dang social
media and ADHD! ;)

Romy Ilano
romy at snowyla.com