[sudo-discuss] CHIP - the world's first $9 computer

Marc Juul juul at labitat.dk
Wed May 13 22:32:49 PDT 2015

On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 10:28 PM, Patrik D'haeseleer <patrikd at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Anyone know these folks? They are seriously kicking CCL's butt as most
> popular Kickstarter to come out of Oakland right now...
>
> Looks like it's a tiny Linux board, about half the size of a Raspberry Pi,
> and much cheaper. Very slick.

Yeah. Definitely not a raspberry pi replacement, but might be useful for
some kinds of things. I see it more as the next level up from ESP8266.

> They've raised $1.2M in a week so far...

Yeah I've been trying to talk to them on twitter but they haven't replied.
Their office is about 3 blocks from where I live but I've never met them.

--
marc/juul