[sudo-discuss] URGENT: Your sudo room payment is failing!

Marc Juul juul at labitat.dk
Fri May 22 13:37:37 PDT 2015

Gratipay (our payment provider) stopped working!

We now have our own payment and membership system called sudo-humans:

  https://sudoroom.org/humans

You should immediately sign up for an account!

You should then go to your profile page, click edit, and set up a recurring
payment!

That's it!

Thanks for helping sudo room stay afloat!

More details:

We are hard at work integrating the payment system with our upcoming
improved building access control system, so it will not be long before
payment or non-payment will directly affect your ability to access Omni and
sudo room.

If you for some reason prefer to pay in cash, then you can still do that by
finding e.g. me and handing me tall stacks of green. If you have a
work-trade agreement with sudo room then don't worry about it for now. We
will send an email when sudo-humans support work-trade verification
(basically you will need to find another member and have them log in and
verify that you did the work.

If you _really_ need to be fully anonymous (meaning that not even a couple
of sudo room admins will be able to see who is paying) then you can wait
for Gratipay to start working again, but please try to compensate your
payments for the time that it has not been working (I believe two weeks so
far).

Gratipay will probably start working again at some point, so please check
that you are not double-paying.

sudo-humans is not just for payment, but for stuff like building access and
finding members to work on projects with, but we are just starting out so
if you want to help sudo-humans improve you can find the code here:

  https://github.com/sudoroom/sudo-humans

Thank to substack for developing the core sudo-humans app!

--
marc/juul