[sudo-discuss] Apology from Nick

Dante Cassius exaltedunmelody at gmail.com
Sat May 23 13:03:48 PDT 2015

I am handling the mediation for Nick, and at the Omni meeting before last,
we decided that he should write a letter answering the open-ended question,
"What have I learned?" (since being asked to leave). I read the letter at
the most recent Omni meeting, and we decided that with Nick's permission,
the letter be reposted to sudo-discuss. He asked me to post it here on his
behalf since he is not a subscriber.

At this point, we're asking everyone who has had issues with Nick to read
this letter, and attend the next sudo meeting on Wednesday to vote on
whether or not to allow him back into the space based on that. If you can't
attend or have any other concerns that need to be handled privately, email
me and let me know. Here is the letter:

"Dear Sudo Room , Members & whom it may concern .

 I Nicholas Oakley am writing this this to share what have i have learned
during my time with the Omni-Community , & the mediation process i have
been participating in. . Coming to Omni Commons i was very excited and
eager to share my ideas, suggestions , opinions etc. I however learned that
being uber gung-ho in the community when one has not established a trusted
rapport is a delicate process especially due to the progressive , radical
&slightly complex nature of the omni-community . I have learned that
expressing my opinions may not not be well received if one has not taken
their time to acclimate to existing flow of the social atmosphere &
governing processes . Being a massage Therapist I am a highly tactile
person when it comes to communication. Also being massage professorial i am
highly aware of the ethics of touch ...however bad habits are hard to break
when your used to being in a more open and receptive environment . The safe
space policy takes a moment to learn and adapt and i myself have slipped
..tho i feel its part of a learning curve . I have also learned that open
ended jokes that may be misconstrued & taken personally & offensively by
members of the community are not a good idea , especially if people do not
know who Iam or what I am about .Personal space bubble are very important ,
i shouldn't invite myself if not invited , being curious about what your
neighbors doing and peeking over their shoulder is frowned upon and rude if
not given expressed consent . Contributing to a topic without first knowing
history & process at hand or without collaborating with others isn't wise .
I have learned a great deal on how to be a better and more effective member
of the omni community and look forward to being able to return to commons ,
keeping this conversation open for benefit of myself & the community at
Large .  If further elaboration is needed at this time please let me know
so i may accommodate . I am look forward  to another opportunity to work ,
play ,learn grow with omni-commons a.s.a.p :)

p.s. I am not a cop or undercover agent  ...pls take a chance & the time to
get know me before making such conclusions...i feel its defamation to my
character :/  .... I am just highly curious & high spirited :) I have also
learned not everyone is receptive to that aswell and require a larger
bubble

p.s.s. It has been said " The only way to trust somebody , is to trust them
;) "