[sudo-discuss] Hackers unite

romy at snowyla.com romy at snowyla.com
Thu May 28 05:55:07 PDT 2015

The world outside is sort of hostile to hackers !

I was a little down because many well meaning people keep trying to direct me to fields inappropriate for me.. Social work, children's education . Mommy bloggers , public school teachers

Maybe it's because I'm a woman ! But I'm a hacker and nerd at heart.

Why do the powers that be try to take these making people and try to drown them out to become bureaucrats?

Even though we don't always get along we are honestly not passive like most normal people. I love the energy at Noisebridge and Sudoroom.

If I were forced to stop being a hacker and only socialize with passive non creative folks it'd definitely be a downer

But part of that energy comes with a dark side. We are often temperamental. We do not function well In sanitized environments that are "safe for kids". We Are not always the right people to do social work or teach non passionates

The energy comes with a price!
We are yin and yang.

But id rather hang out with true ha hackers of all genders. I imagine my future surrounded by bureaucrats and it's not pretty at all .. Or folks lecturing me not to do my best work because their notions of a woman's happiness are outdated and traditional

I hope we can all hug next Sunday

Love you all !

Sent from my iPhone