[sudo-discuss] $150 DSL modem missing

Pete Forsyth peteforsyth at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 23:01:30 PST 2015

For whatever it's worth, here's how it looks to me:
* Y'all were using a Zyxel modem, which Sonic has provided at some times
* There's no alternate theory for where the Zyxel came from besides Sonic
* Sonic has not provided a convincing statement (e.g., a serial number) for
why they think you had a Pace modem

Occam's Razor seems to suggest that Sonic messed up their records. I would
urge the person sending the email to escalate (perhaps to somebody who can
form grammatical structures) to review the issue, and forward that
information to them. Explain that Sudo Room was a long time customer, and
it would be reasonable for them to waive the fee if they cannot provide
more convincing evidence that there ever was a Pace modem.

All that said, I happen to have a similar (not identical) Pace modem that I
don't need. It's a Pace 3801, it's branded AT&T Uverse (not Sonic). It's a
long shot, but if they will take that as a trade-in, I'd be happy to donate
it to the cause.

-Pete
[[User:Peteforsyth]]