[sudo-discuss] Fwd: [sudo-info] possible partnerships opportunity

yar yardenack at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 16:01:52 PST 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Caitlin Cruz <caitlin.cruz at cvcorps.org>
Date: Thu, Nov 12, 2015 at 1:29 PM
Subject: [sudo-info] possible partnerships opportunity
To: "info at sudoroom.org" <info at sudoroom.org>

Hello,

I am a teacher at Civicorps schools, a charter school in West Oakland
for youth who have not yet received their high school diplomas.  I am
currently teaching a robotics class in an attempt to interest students
in programming and the maker culture.  I am interested in taking them
on a field trip to  community maker space or hacker space in Oakland
and I was wondering if I could speak to someone about what you do and
if this might be a good fit.  I am interested in exposing my students
to community robotics and citizen science.  I am specifically
interested in Omni labs because I know that you are run through
community members and encourage creativity.

Our students are 18-26 and the school offers both a degree and on the
job training.  My robotics class is a 3 hour class that runs for 5
Fridays in a row and begins with an introduction to programming and
continues with a comprehensive robotics projects that runs from the
Arduino platform.  If you are interested in knowing more about us
and/or feel that you could host us for a field trip, please let me
know.

Thank you
Caitlin Cruz
Science Teacher