[sudo-discuss] the robot now has a roto-zip wood cutting tool

Jake jake at spaz.org
Thu Nov 26 12:46:34 PST 2015

i do have a chainsaw we could attach to the robot, but it would be a much
longer tool than the rotozip and thus further from the robot's last
joints, and so we would need to be a lot more careful to control the
reaction forces to the blade.  Given the chaotic nature of chainsaws this
would be very difficult, so we would need to limit the materials we were
interacting with to soft things.